Here is a post from Book Bub: 24 Readers Share the Most Romantic Books They’ve Ever Read
I’ve even read a few of those, though I don’t believe I’d have thought of any of them right off as “most romantic books ever.” But then, I don’t often go out of my way to read books that are heavy in the romance department, though I do read some romances, of course. I also enjoy a romance in an SFF novel, if it’s not too angsty and emotionally overwrought, and if it’s embedded in a good story with good worldbuilding.
In the order in which I happened to think of them: SFF Romances —
- Miles and Ekaterin
- Come to think of it, also Cordelia and Aral. Good heavens, what a terrible cover Shards of Honor has now. I mean, seriously.
- Dag and Fawn
- Tier and Seraph in the Raven duology by Patricia Briggs
- Oh! Don’t know why I didn’t think of them first, but of course Koaren and Cassandra in the Touchstone trilogy.
- I’m currently rereading The Emperor’s Edge series by Lindsay Buroker, so Amaranth and Sicarius.
- New to my favorite-romance list, Elsa and Kit from From All False Doctrine.
- Wen and Jasper from Fortune and Fate
- Zoe and Darien from Troubled Waters.
- Your Choice Here
Who leaps to mind for you all? Who would you put in the tenth spot?