Hey, this superhero bundle just brought itself to my attention. I’m hesitant about bundles because my TBR pile is soooo over the top already, and yet here we are.
I think I’m probably going to try this one. Has anybody by chance read any of these already so they could contribute a thumbs up on one or more of the books included?
For $5 —
- Captain Nemo – The Fantastic Adventures of a Dark Genius by Kevin J. Anderson
- Cynetic Wolf by Matt Ward
- Working Class Hero by James Robert Smith
- Dove Season by Robin Brande
- The Superhero’s Test by Lucas Flint
Included for $15 —
- Playing a Hunch by Dean Wesley Smith
- Fid’s Crusade by David Reiss
- The Enlivening by Ashlyn Frost
- Nobody’s Hero by Mark Leslie
- Morning Sun by Jeremy Flagg
- Overlook by Jon Mollison
- Hellbent by Tina Glasneck
- Brave New World Revolution by Matt Forbeck
I will add that my favorite superhero books I can think of , at least at the moment, are:
I found the ending weak in some ways. But I still liked this book a lot. Quick, engaging. Villain pov, but obviously I wouldn’t have liked it if he’d actually been a villain. I need to re-read this, I really do. You can read my review if you click on the Amazon link; mine seems to be at the top for this one’s reviews.
Which, I KNOW, is not exactly a superhero novel. Or not only a superhero novel. But it is definitely a now-you-have-super-powers novel, plus the alien invasion. Plus one of the most astonishing plot twists EVER.
One of the books I disliked most in all my reading life also falls into the superhero subgenre. I guess I won’t name that one. I ranted about it at the time, as I recall, but I didn’t post any reviews anywhere because, well, it was quite a rant and I don’t really want to drop one-star reviews on anybody’s book no matter how much I loathed it.
Of course there’s no end to superhero stories out there, very few of which I’ve read. If you’ve got a favorite, drop it in the comments, by all means.