Offhand I would say this may fall into the category of “advice that is 100% unnecessary” —
From the NYT, no less.
[A] study published on Monday in the American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene describes two hospital patients — a mother and son — who ended up with rat lungworms in their brains after eating wild-caught centipedes the son had purchased at a farmer’s market.
Okay. Well. Remember: if you’re going to eat centipedes, they should be dried, powdered, or steeped in alcohol first.
I will definitely think of this next time anybody I know mentions “traditional medicine” or “ancient medical traditions.”