Okay, this year I am totally making a few resolutions:
1) I will definitely post all my reviews to Goodreads and Amazon. In the same week I post them here, even. I really will. I was so terrible about that last year. 2018 will be different, I swear.
2) I will definitely write a novella in which Bertaud finally gets a real happy ending of his own. Thanks to Craig for pointing out the need for this story! He was so right. I did feel bad for Bertaud, who managed to appear in all three Griffin Mage books without ever getting a happy ending. I meant to give him one, but it just never worked out. He can get that story in 2018. As soon as I think of a reasonable plot. No doubt any day now.
3) I will definitely finish at least one novel. I’m not happy with how many partials I wound up with at the end of 2017. This year, I want to finish at least one. Preferably two.
4) I will definitely read more. I wasn’t happy to see I read fewer than a hundred books in 2017. This year will be different, no matter how busy I get.
5) I will definitely put at least a Novice Rally title on both Conner and Kimmie. It’s embarrassing they don’t have one yet. They’ll be a year old in three days. Time for them to earn their first obedience titles. I entered them for two days of Rally at the end of this month. I swear I will train them well enough that they do well, even if it is terribly, dreadfully cold all month.
There, that’s five, that’s enough. Happy New Year! I hope we all have an excellent 2018, despite the inevitable rough spots any year brings.
I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You’re doing things you’ve never done before, and more importantly, you’re doing something.